Complaints Policy and Procedure
Shed Enterprises (Shed) is committed to ensuring that any person or organisation using services provided by Shed or affected by its operations has the right to lodge a complaint and to have their concerns addressed in ways that ensure access and
equity, fairness, accountability and transparency.
The organisation will provide a complaints management procedure that:
- is simple and easy to use
- is available to all clients and stakeholders
- ensures complaints are fairly assessed and responded to promptly
- is procedurally fair and follows principles of natural justice
- complies with legislative requirements.
If you make a complaint to Shed you can expect that we will:
- treat you with respect
- tell you what to expect while your complaint is being looked into
- carry out the complaint handling process in a fair and open way
- provide reasons for decisions that are made
- protect your privacy
You can make a complaint to Shed about the delivery of Shed services, per contract terms.
Shed Enterprises undertakes customer service handling per the terms disclosed within some customer contracts. Shed Enterprises does not have the authority to directly investigate complaints about these organisations. If you have a complaint regarding one of our customers, we recommend that you discuss the complaint with the organisation directly.
A person wishing to make a complaint may do so in writing or verbally to:
- the staff member they were dealing with at the time, unless you are making a complaint about this person
- The Operations Manager
- the Chief Operating Officer or Chief Executive, or
If the complaint is about:
- a product or service delivered by Shed, the complaint will normally be dealt with by the relevant relationship manager
- a staff member, the complaint will normally be dealt with by the relevant senior manager
- a senior staff member, the complaint will normally be dealt with by the Chief Operating Officer or the Chief Executive
- the Chief Operating Officer, the complaint will normally be dealt with by the Chief Executive Shed Enterprises
- the Chief Executive, the complaint will normally be dealt with by the Chief Operating Officer
- Internal complaints, where a staff member makes a complaint concerning another staff member, will be dealt with in accordance with the Grievance Policy of Shed Enterprises
Written complaints may be sent to the attention of the Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will be responsible for receiving this correspondence and directing it to the appropriate person.
The person managing the complaint will be responsible for:
1. REGISTERING THE COMPLAINT:
registering the complaint in the Shed Enterprises complaints register
informing the complainant that their complaint has been received and providing them with information about the process and time frame
2. INVESTIGATING THE COMPLAINT:
examining the complaint within 5 working days of the complaint being received
informing the complainant by letter within 10 working days of the complaint being received of what is being done to investigate and resolve it, and the expected time frame for resolution.
As far as possible, complaints will be investigated and resolved within 20 working days of being received. If this time frame cannot be met, the complainant will be informed of the reasons why and of the alternative time frame for resolution.
3. RESOLVING THE COMPLAINT:
making a decision or referring to the appropriate people for a decision within 20 working days of the complaint being received
Informing the complainant of the outcome and any options for further action if required
4. WHAT IF I AM UNHAPPY WITH THE RESOLUTION?
If you are not happy with the outcomes of a complaint, you may be able to lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman in your state. The Ombudsman’s office will determine if it has the power to investigate your complaint.
https://www.afca.org.au/ – The Australian Financial Complaints Authority
A register of complaints will be kept by Shed Enterprises. The register will be maintained by the Operations Manager and will record the following for each complaint:
Details of the complainant and the nature of the complaint
- Date lodged
- Action taken
- Date of resolution and reason for decision
- Indication of complainant being notified of outcome
- Complainant response and any further action
Copies of all correspondence and other materials received by Shed in connection with any complaints will be kept for 7 years.
The complaints register and files will be confidential and access is restricted to the Operations Manager, the Chief Operating Officer, and the Chief Executive.
A statistical summary of complaints will also be kept by Shed Enterprises and maintained by the Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will be responsible for preparing a report on received feedback and complaints once month to the Chief Operating Officer, and the Chief Executive.